Even though Vista has excellent Aero and other important features, the boot screen of Vista is not good.
So if you want to keep your best wallpaper or picture as your boot screen then there is a easy way to do it.
1. First download the free trial software called TuneUp Utilities from the following link
2. Then install the software and after installation click the TuneUp Utilities icon from desktop.
3. If you want to use the free trial version then click on continue testing.
4. Then in the interface go to Customize Windows.
5. On the right hand side you will a option called Change boot screen.
6. Click on it, then click on add>Load boot screen from file.
7. Then browse your computer where your pictures are stored.
8. That's all. Restart your computer and see your favorite picture as your boot screen.